Why use CARDAT?
There are several advantages to using CoESRA and CloudStor
- CoESRA offers a secure working environment which is accessable from any web browser.
- It offers the ability to analyse data remotely, removing the need to synchronise or download large datasets locally.
- For those who want to run analysis locally, CloudStor offers the ability to download and synchronise datasets locally.
This greatly reduces the risk of confusion over which copy/version of the data is being used.
- CoESRA allows your desktop analysis
environment to be configured. This feature enables you to choose how much RAM you need and how many cores you would like
- this can be very useful for using R with large datasets (as R keeps its objects in memory), and for optimising parallel computations.
- It provides an easy way to work collaboratively on the same files, even across organisations. Accessing the same files prevents issues
with multiple versions and master copies.
- There are a range of pre-installed technologies for manipulating data (preventing issues with software versions and dependencies).
- Data analysis can be done in a reproducible and transparent way, and as it is stored on an online platform, it can be used as for
publishing data and workflows for journal articles.